22 January 2010

Lost On The Air

Yeah, it's been awhile since the last update... yet again. Not there was never really any GOOD reason to neglect the ol' blog here. But let's be serious for a moment, I have been a bit busy. To the point of being somewhat lost.

I can hear it now, "Busy? You? Puh-leeze!"

Okay, maybe not in the traditional sense of being "busy". I haven't been out there re-tiling bathrooms (well, there was the one I did in my own home). I haven't been out there trying to save the world or running errands. I have just been busy, you know, preoccupied.

Maybe preoccupied to the point of neglecting some of the things I could be doing, like updating this little blog.

When i created it, like everything else, I had this somewhat lofty goal of contributing on a more consistent basis and have since fell into a more comfortable archiving mode with it. Whis is all well and good. Since there is no real obligation associated with it. All well and good. But the other reason to have this page was to spread a little point of interest here and there. Some of the things I don't do on the air. Hence the name of the blog.

Things were going along swimmingly until that day in October when my on air partner got sick. What a roller coaster that has been. Not just for me but for everyone around him and yours truly. Sometimes you have to let go of the world around you and sit back and watch and focus your energies on things that are truly more important.

I would say something poignant about "... trying to maintain sanity..." which those of you who know me know that is a lost cause. I embraced my insanity a long time ago. But the mere act of trying to stay mentally occupied with things to prevent other things from leering over you like some horrible specter is the way to go at times.

Things are returning to some sort of sense of normality. Bad Dog is doing better and things around the radio station, sometimes difficult as they can be at times are gaining more stability now that Dog is back on the air. We are all breathing a little easier now.

The ever present questions from people asking "So how is Bad Dog really doing?" have subsided, thankfully. Not to sound callous, but these were people asking who seemed heavily negative about his situation. It's one thing to inquire about his condition, it is quite another to insinuate there was some dark secret about his condition I was somehow withholding. As I have stated before on and off the air, Bad Dog and I have been nothing but honest about this entire chapter in our lives. So, thankfully, that has come to an end of sorts.

So, I am back, lurking around the web again, popping up in strangely odd places for me like Facebook. Which I'll devote more time to later.

Until then, thank you all for the thoughts and prayers for Bad Dog. And thanks for those who have been considerate to all of our needs around the station and the weird family that is radio. You people are wonderful.

So, shortly, I'll add something strange and amusing to the blog, in the meantime...

Stay Tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment