07 March 2011

WTF?

That's the question I have been asked now over a solid week.  The answer is, sadly, I was fired.  Why?  The official answer I was told by management was this, "We're making some changes and sadly, you are the odd man out."

I am also in the unfortunate position of not being allowed to elaborate on that and until I get the green light to do so, I am forced to simply say, for now at least, no comment.

In the meantime, I am not going anywhere anytime soon and you can contact me through this site, my email is in the profile or you can leave a comment below and I can also be found on Twitter.

Sorry, I cannot say more at the present.

What I can say is this.  I thank each and every one of you who have shown me support through my 14 years on the air.  Your comments regarding the situation have not gone unnoticed by me as several friends have forwarded them to me.  I am humbled by all the kind words that have been said.  It is truly a remarkable feeling to see the emotion and passion that has erupted over me and I am truly grateful.

I'll keep you updated from time to time and it will be "business as usual" on this site since I apparently have some extra time on my hands.  So...

Stay tuned...

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Ric. You're a good man!

    Best,

    Craig Strickland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for an answer since I heard the show changed. I hate that they fired you. I really enjoyed listening to you and Bad Dog. I tried the Free Beer and Hot Wings and I'm sorry they SUCK!!! I know listen to Kid Kraddick which is so/so. My daughter loves them. If you get another show anywhere I will listen, I promise. Hate your gone, I will keep coming back and reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ric, you are greatly loved and missed. Now with John in Heaven, things will never be the same there again. Stupid suits for letting you go - we love you. I know John loved you dearly. carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ric, I never listened to Rock103 until I met you and Bad Dog in person at the Beale Street Music Fest a couple years ago. Sorry that the bigshots kicked you. Let us know where you go next and we will follow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ric, you are missed! Sucks that the corporate bigshots kicked you and brother doug out. Let us know where you go next and we will follow. Also, RIP Big Dog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ric,

    I stopped listening regularly after they fired Dennis and moved you to mornings, but seeing how they changed the format around to more "robot radio" with so many syndicated shows, after years of Spencer complaining about Stern and John Boy and Billy makes me sad.

    DO you keep in touch with Dennis? I would love to hear the two of you in drive time again.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bev, John, and now you……. The suits have got to be crazy, now…. Sounds like Rock 103 is no longer “”” WINNING””” as Charley puts it, or is it “””LOSSING”””” ….. I felt lost when I heard about John having the relapse, and now his passing. He was in a good way with God and may he rest in peace for the call to his side. But now also hearing about your “Incident” with the upper office… WoW… What is going on?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been a rock 103 guy 4 over 25 years,but without you and john gone the mornings just aren't the same.this free beer and hot wings crap does't do anything for me.I don't even listen to the radio anymore.....R.I.P."BAD DOG" you have been a part of my life for 25 years.YOU WILL BE MISSED.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been listening to Rock103 for the past 4 years almost religiously when I started college. I have listened to Bad Dog and Ric in the morning and now the station does not feel the same. It pissed me off when I heard you were fired and I cried when Bad Dog passed. I may have been a new-comer to the morning show, but I was an avid listener and it touched me in so many ways. I even tried listening to Free Beer and Hot Wings and after they didn't even listen to what a caller had to say, needless to say, I changed the station. I couldn't even stand to hear them speak. I guess 'they' are trying to reach out to a younger demographic (I am only 21 years young myself) and the show just doesn't impress me. I, personally, think that they are rude and slightly naive. Anyways, Ric, you and Bad Dog will be greatly missed.
    ~Laressia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not only did I have to mourn the loss of Bad Dog, but the loss of you as well.

    The morning show they are running now...sucks hind tit.

    Let us know where you go...we will follow, lol.

    ReplyDelete