09 October 2011

The New Revolution?




Yeah, I hear ya.  This photo says a lot doesn't it?  I grabbed it from Boing Boing earlier in relation to the events happening around the world these days with the "Occupy" movement.  It rings quite the bell of truth for those of us at Radio Memphis.

It would seem we have arrived at a pretty fun time.  People all over the place have had enough of the corporate mandated, dare I say shit, that has permeated our society these days.  Am I a little sensitive to it?  Oh yeah.  And you should be, too.  

The fact of the matter is, quite simply, this:  The sign you see in that picture represents a whole lot frustrations.  You could, in a matter of speaking, find any situation and apply it to this mans' sign.  It also seems to represent the feelings of those of you who follow the Radio Memphis flag of discontent.  Mind you, we are having a pretty good time doing what we are doing.  But make no mistake, it is the spirit of what we are doing that is reflected in this picture.  He's right, you know... 

So far, the spirit of our humble little radio station has lingered around this very sentiment.  What makes it nice, is that Radio Memphis was around a little before all this went down with the "Occupy" movement.  A lot has been said, on both sides of the fence about this movement.  Some claim these people are just part of the problem.  "Go find a job, you dirty hippie.", "Get an education and quit bitching.", "Stay out of my place of employment with your garbage rhetoric."  and my personal favorite, "Your message means nothing to me."

I've read all those statements in various forms from all over.  Listen, we are all just one paycheck from being that guy above holding that very same sign.  Trust me.  I was lulled into a false sense of security with the old tired lines of "... having a steady paycheck." and "... you should be lucky you even have a job."  I heard those, too... at my last place of employment.  Look where that got me.  Ha!

In the meantime, while our anonymous friend here holds his sign of the times for all to see and ponder; whether you believe in it or not, remember this one thing, if it weren't for the 1% of those holding all the cards, Radio Memphis would never exist. 

Now, they are stuck with us for good and/or ill.

I like to think it for the good.  After all, what good is a revolution if no one gave a shit at all? 

The 99% are good for business.  At least, that is the way it looks for Radio Memphis.  

Fun times ahead.  

Stay Tuned...

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE SO PORTABLE...to ME...
    name that tune

    your Curious Chef

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think his grammer is a little skewed...I however do feel that Radio-Memphis has hit at the right time running full tilt toward the wall.

    Pablo

    ReplyDelete