08 February 2015

Josh Robert Thompson

Josh Robert Thompson & Geoff Peterson
I have a few heroes. I have a few people I look up to (as do many of you). Josh is one of those people. I have been fascinated with his work since I discovered his work through The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. As the voice of Geoff the robot (Craig's sidekick, Geoff Peterson), I became rather curious as to who this guy is and what all he does. A quick Google search yielded everything I needed to know.

In this conversation, we talked about the business of show business, the work as a comedian and the changes that have occurred in the broadcast industry. We also  had a discussion about creativity and the dark side of comedy.

My time spent with him was brief and in that time I learned so much about what it is to do what he does and how it impacts what I do.

I can say this, he's a great guy and was very gracious with his time and my indulgences in the conversation. If you ever get the chance to meet him, I highly recommend the experience. Perhaps one day, we can sit down again and if that happens, we'll record that conversation as well.



Download this episode (right click and save)

For more on Josh, I highly recommend his podcast. He is also on the road with Craig on the Hot and Grumpy Tour and he may be coming to a venue near you. You can find it all here and here.

Once again, my personal thanks to Josh and to Raymond for making this all possible.

NEXT WEEK: Where the hell is the money going? What it is like to sell advertising to an industry that just doesn't get it at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment