19 July 2015

This Just In, The News is Awful

Those who know me, know that I spent some time working in the television news world. I was a reporter and an anchor. Fun job. At least it can be if you are numb to the shit you are telling the public. When I did it, I did get numb. Dangerously so. But, we'll save that for another day.

What I wanted to get into on this episode was the perspective of how the media is supposed to be in the category of "infotainment" (shocking that word actually exists). Here's the thing, it is neither informative nor entertaining. At least if you are entertained by watching the drunk anchor man stumble through his copy. Every stinking night.

Is there a great media conspiracy? Nope. Give this a listen and I'll explain.



Download this episode (right click and save)

NEXT WEEK: Crazy From The Hate

A little side note here: I just noticed that iTunes actually censored an episode of this show. Episode 71: Assholes With Money was censored. Not the content of the show of course. But the title was. It was changed to Episode 71: A**holes With Money. Even though the episode was tagged with the Explicit tag. Funny how that works. God forbid I should offend someone with that word. Assholes.

Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment