10 June 2009

Going Ape over Mr. Rogers

When I was a youngster, like most kids my age, I spent some afternoon TV time with Mr. Rogers. He was one of the few bits of wholesome television I could tolerate. That was until Monty Python came on and my little world changed.

But back to the good Fred Rogers. Mr. Rogers calm way he carried on to the show everyday always brought some sense of relief, no matter how awkward he was. take this video, for example. Here's Mr. Rogers with Koko the signing gorilla. At one point during this video, it appears Koko will not let him go. She apparently liked Mr. Rogers. Maybe the way King Kong liked Ann Darrow. There is a sense of uneasiness while watching this, and to me at least, a certain bit of strange comfort. You know, the comfort you get while watching Fred Rogers in the clutches of a 400 pound gorilla.



I don't know about you, but when Koko grunts, I would have needed a change of pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment