27 June 2009

With Much Deliberation

I thought long and hard about this... Michael Jackson. His death is everywhere and I, at first, refused to include that in here. But just let me say this:

How can a man who paid $20 million to the family of a victim (and presumably the victim himself) to get out of a child molestation civil suit, have a history of said activity be considered some great thing? His fans baffle me.

The Catholic church has endured the same vilification over the centuries without one redeeming quality... at least none I think of. Yet, as Big Rick told me yesterday, if one can sing and dance and sell an ass load of records, that makes him immune to the accusations and his own actions.

I'm not saying MJ should rot in hell, that is for the Almighty to decide, what I am saying is even when your heroes stumble, you need to evaluate why they are your hero and just how far are going to look beyond their faults to continue that hero relationship.

When it was determined Roger Clemens may have been doping in baseball, my heart was broken. I loved watching that guy play ball. But if he truly did dope up and cheat at baseball, I hope they send him out. As for Barry Bonds, we'll get into that when the time is right.

But, back to MJ. the circus has rolled into town and the animals have been turned loose. This thing is going to be a sick moment in Americana and I, for one, am already sick of it... nevertheless, I'll be right in the thick of it as we watch the real weirdness unfold.

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. This story has been fishy (and I do mean fishy)from the very beginning. Lets start when Michael was found unconscious. I want to know what medical school this so called doctor graduated from. Judging from his actions, it sounds like he received his diploma from the Moron Medical School. His instructors were Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp, Joe, Laurel & Hardy, and Abbott & Costello. First of all, successful CPR cannot be done on a bed. You would break the damn bed down doing chest compressions. It must be done on a hard surface. In a hospital, if a person codes in bed, a wooden backboard is placed under the patients body so CPR can be effective. Secondly, if you work on a person for 30-40 minutes and you have done everything according to protocol with no results, what makes you think that doctors at a hospital 15 minutes away can do it? You know, I find it very convenient that this quack left after the paramedics took Michael to the hospital knowing he was dead and working on him for an hour and 15 minutes more. The paramedics wanted to declare him dead at the scene, but, oh no, this idiot said that Michael needed to go to the hospital. For what? The man was already starting to develop rigor mortis. The point of all of this was publicity and that was achieved.
    I hope that UCLA Medical Center will be able to see through this charade and charge the estate through the ass for the use of unnecessary manpower, equipment, and other resources.
    Stay tuned, kids, the roller coaster ride is still at the bottom. There will be so many twists and turns in this case that you wont be able to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mary.Things seem a bit odd to me also .MJ was a star and was able to hire a personal physician to care for him at any given hour of the day or night.What I fail to understand is this.If it takes an ambulance 3 to 5 minutes to arrive and the hospital is only 12 to 15 minutes away, why did the physician try C.P.R. for 40 minutes rather than make a 911 call and THEN use your C.P.R. training?The reasoning behind this escapes me entirely. Now I am not a star.Far from it hahahahahahah.I am short,rather plain to look at,sound like a stepped on toad when I try to sing and am not overly intelligent but I would most crtainly expect better care than this were I to hire a physician to care for me.Or has our standard of health care sank this low?Thank you for your time in posting Mr.Ric and thank you for the show.And yes I agree with you that even our heros sometimes stumble and fall.Blind loyalty is as dangerous as any drug if not more so and we as reasonable people should know this.Yet sadly many do not.((((((((hugs))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another question has come up. The house Michael was renting was 5 minutes from Cedars Sinai Medical Center and 15 minutes from UCLA Medical Center. Why did they take him to UCLA instead of Cedars? Again, I guess it was for publicity purposes. It would sound more dramatic if people thought they were working on him for a longer period of time. And who is to say that after they got Michael in the ambulance, they didnt do anything until they almost arrived at UCLA. Something to think about!

    ReplyDelete