22 June 2009

Yeah, It's Hot

This picture was taken last February. This is my wife Josephine and our two greyhounds Jack and Zoe (from left). Yes, the dogs are wearing coats, long story. Anyway, I thought I would share this little picture while the current temperatures are cresting the triple digit mark in heat index.

If you are getting a little hot outside, think of this simple little serene moment captured earlier this year.

For the record, I was as miserable then as I kinda am right now. I used to love the heat, I grew up in south Texas where winter is February 12th, for about an hour and a half. Unlike here where there are four distinctish seasons. But I have to remember that it "ain't the heat, it's the humidity." How true.

So, for all this talk of global warming or climate change or whatever you want to call it, around here there is at least some change in the weather once we get around the other side of the sun. For the record, the Farmer's Almanac kind of predicted this heat, as you can see here. Most notably, June being 4 degrees above average. If you put your faith into this sort of thing, keep in mind, as of the posting of this, we're supposed to be seeing some scattered storms and what they call "seasonal" weather... whatever that means.

This goes on to say we should expect a normal July and August with June being the only month with a substantial increase in temperature. What does all this really mean?

It's hot as hell outside. Stay in the air conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment