11 May 2014

The Beale Street Blues

Jeff and I went down to Beale Street a couple of weeks ago and got into some real blues from Eric Hughes and John D'Amato. Along the way we encountered some real drunks. Yep, I recorded that, too. This is the first of our remote produced shows. This was so much fun. At one point in the night I thought I was recording a conversation with Eric Hughes... not so much. I blame Wet Willie's for that. Nevertheless, we had a blast and I did manage to record Eric playing a Robert Johnson song and there is a tune from John D'Amato and his band.



Download this episode (right click and save)

I know... Willie Hall... I know...

A note about next week: There is reference in here about the Blues Music Awards. We went there and took the recorder and had a great conversation with some other artists. You won't want to miss that one.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment